Proverbs: Wisdom for Women
There is a lot of pressure on a woman to be perfect. Everything from social media, magazines, and marketing presents an identity of womanhood. However, the Bible presents something different. In this sermon Pastor Byron teaches that wisdom for women is not found in perfection, but in progress, as we look at the Proverbs 31 woman.
SCRIPTURES FOR THE WEEK Proverbs 31:10-30
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
Take 5 minutes to silently read over the section of scriptures to gather insight, questions, or discussion with the group before answering the questions.
QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK
1. How does the way the Bible presents the wisdom of womanhood differ than the way the world does?
2. As your read through Proverbs 31 do you feel encouraged or exhausted? What should be the proper response? How can we obtain that?
3. Women, what do you learn from this passage? Men, what do you learn from this passage as to how you are to honor and encourage the women?
4. How does Proverbs 31 present the equal yet distinct roles between men and women?
5. What is more important for women; charm and beauty or wisdom? Discuss.
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK
This week your challenge is to have a girl’s night out for the Community Group. The guys will meet at the hosts house to watch the kids if applicable. This is one way for the men to honor the women, by giving the women in the group an opportunity to build relationship and deepen their friendship. Come back next week and be ready to discuss over dinner.
NEXT WEEK: WISDOM FOR MEN
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. -Proverbs 16:9