Proverbs: Wisdom for Death
What would you say is the most important day of your life? The truth is, the most important day has not happened yet. The most important day is the last day. In this sermon Pastor Byron uses the life and death of Solomon to give us one more lesson in wisdom. The bottom line is you can choose life or you can choose death, but everyone has to make a choice.
SCRIPTURES FOR THE WEEK
1 Kings 3, Proverbs 9, Ecclesiastes 2:2-11, 1 Kings 10&11, Matthew 12:42
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
Take 5 minutes to silently read over the section of scriptures to gather insight, questions, or discussion with the group before answering the questions.
QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK
1. Why do you think people shy away from talking about death? How does Proverbs speak about foolishness leading to death? (Proverbs 9)
2. When Proverbs says the result of foolishness is death, equate that to the gospel message about sin. (Proverbs 9, Romans 6:23)
3. Describe an area of your life that you have been a scoffer. How did Jesus open your eyes towards your foolishness. (Proverbs 9:7-11)
4. Is it surprising to see how Solomon’s life turned out? What do you think was the cause for his downfall? Use Proverbs 9, Ecclesiastes 2:1-11, and 1 Kings 11 to discuss.
5. Proverbs 9:6 gives a prophecy about the coming of Jesus. Read the chapter again and tell the gospel story from the point of view of Jesus being Wisdom.
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK
Join a summer group to stay connected in the church during the summer break between series. You can sign up at the connect desk or online at www.redemptiontx.com/summer-groups