Proverbs: Wisdom for Dating
The most important decision you will make is “who I worship?” The second most is “who will I marry?” The book of Proverbs gives wisdom to help you decide. In this Sermon Pastor Byron will teach over the importance of Biblical wisdom for dating.
SCRIPTURES FOR THE WEEK
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
Take 5 minutes to silently read over the section of scriptures to gather insight, questions, or discussion with the group before answering the questions.
QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK
1. How does the world’s view of dating and relationships differ from the Biblical view of dating and relationships? Compare and contrast the difference?
2. How would the book of Proverbs have prevented past relationships or protected you in your current relationship? Share any insights over the study?
3. Which one of the negative traits for women/men do you need to repent of? Is it possible for you to overcome these negative traits? How so?
4. Which one of the positive traits for women/men are most important? How does the Fear of the Lord allow you to accomplish each of them?
5. How can the married people in the group support the singles? How can the singles in the group support the married?
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK
This week your challenge is to prayerfully journal how you rank according to the negative and positive qualities according to Proverbs. Come back to group next week ready to share what the Lord showed you and ways that you can change.
NEXT WEEK: WISDOM FOR MARRIAGE
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
– Proverbs 18:22