Mark #34: Jesus’ Transfiguration
Throughout the book of Mark, the big question has been around “Who is Jesus?” In this sermon Pastor Byron teaches over the transfiguration as Jesus reveals both His identity and His divinity. Our prayer is that this message will be a blessing and encouragement to you.
SCRIPTURE FOR THE WEEK:
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED:
Take 5 minutes to silently read over the section of scripture to gather insight, questions, or discussion with the group before answering the questions.
1. As you reflect back on Mark’s gospel, discuss the different types of misinterpretations you have seen about Jesus’ identity. Does it surprise you that people can know who Jesus is, but still not truly know Him as God?
2. What aspects of Jesus’ identity are revealed through his transfiguration?
3. What is the theological significance of Moses and Elijah being present?
4. Why does God the Father command the disciples to listen to Jesus?
How does this affect the way we read the scripture? How does this affect the way we see the world?
5. Was there a moment in your life where Jesus suddenly revealed himself to you as glorious and holy? Share that moment with the group.
This week your challenge is to get alone with Jesus to see Him in His glory. Go one entire week without social media, music, or technology. Instead replace entertainment with worship, prayer, Bible reading, and devotion. Come next week ready to discuss your experience over dinner.