Mark #32: Jesus Heals a Blind Man
Mark 8:22-33 – When you look at your life what do you see? In this sermon Pastor Byron continues our series Simple Gospel: A Study in the Book of Mark, as Jesus heals a blind man.
SCRIPTURE FOR THE WEEK:
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED:
Take 5 minutes to silently read over the section of scripture to gather insight, questions, or discussion with the group before answering the questions.
1. Throughout Mark’s Gospel, we see the eagerness for the crowds to bring their friends to Jesus. What should this teach us as Christian’s today about sharing our faith?
2. How does the blind man’s physical condition compare to your spiritual condition before coming to Christ?
3. Why do you think that Jesus would lead the man out of the city in order to perform this miracle? Discuss the importance of spending time with Jesus without any distractions.
4. Jesus did not heal this man instantly but repeatedly. Why is it so important for us to receive continual touches from Jesus in our lives?
5. Are you encouraged by the blind man’s willingness to be honest about his condition? How does honesty open our eyes to the power of Christ in our life?
This week your challenge is to begin working on your personal testimony. In the Community Group Center app you will find a simple template to help you write your testimony. Fill out the testimony template and come ready to share next week during dinner. This challenge will also equip you to share your faith with others.