Mark #24: Jesus on Mission
Not only are you being saved by Jesus, but you are also being sent by Jesus as his missionaries. In this sermon Pastor Byron will teach us about what it means for us as a church to live as Jesus’ missionaries in the world.
SCRIPTURE FOR THE WEEK:
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED:
Take 5 minutes to silently read over the section of scripture to gather insight, questions, or discussion with the group before answering the questions.
1. Define the terms disciple and missionary? Are they different or the same? Discuss.
2. Why does Jesus send his disciples out two by two? What advantages do you see in shared ministry? Explain.
3. What does Jesus mean when he talks about the two houses in verses 10 and 11? How do you handle rejection when it comes to sharing your faith?
4. Why does Jesus tell his disciples to live a simple life when on mission?
5. Have you ever personally lead someone to faith in Christ? If so, how did it feel? If not, what are some things you can do this year to accomplish that goal?
This week your challenge is invite three people to church. Before you go out, take the time to pray over each of the persons by name. Follow Jesus’ pattern by taking them out to dinner, buying them coffee, or connect relationally before the invite. Be ready to discuss next week over dinner: how you feel and their responses.